The information on this page is for wire transfers originating outside the United States. If you wish to send or receive money within the U.S., please view this page on domestic wire transfers.
SENDING WIRES TO BFSFCU – INCOMING WIRE INSTRUCTIONS
- Foreign exchange rates are a part of international wire transfers. Whether money is being sent or received from the U.S., it will need to be converted to or from a foreign currency.
- Regardless of whether an international money transfer is being sent or received, there are often associated fees charged by the financial institution and any intermediary banks. Some banks charge fees ranging anywhere between $15-$75 depending on the type of transfer being made.
- BFSFCU does not charge a fee for incoming wires.
- Our processor exchanges the foreign currency using the exchange rate in effect at the time the transaction is processed to US dollars, prior to depositing funds to your BFSFCU account. Currency exchange rates are internal to the processor and not reflected in currency exchange rate information provided by other sources.
- BFSFCU does not participate in a revenue share from the exchange rate applied to incoming foreign currency.
To ensure timely and accurate receipt of your incoming wire transfer, please provide the sending institution with the following information.
Wire funds to:
- Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union
- 1725 I (Eye) Street NW, Washington, DC, USA
- SWIFT Code: SFRUUS33 (For USD transfers only)
For credit to:
- Recipient's name
- Recipient's Credit Union account number
In some cases, the originating bank may not accept a SWIFT code and/or will require an IBAN. In those cases, please use the instructions provided below for the currency you wish to wire.