At BFSFCU, we care about your financial safety. Although we have strong fraud monitoring systems in place to protect your accounts, you can protect yourself by taking a few simple steps. Here are some tips to make sure you can enjoy your holiday travels without worrying about fraud.
1. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card.
2. Be aware when using ATM machines and be sure to cover the keypad when you enter your PIN. It is always best to use an ATM inside a branch during regular business hours.
3. Update your online banking password regularly.
4. Make sure you let us know when you are traveling. Submit a travel note using Self Service within Online Banking at least five days before your trip.
5. Download our Cards app and set up Fraud Alerts.
6. Always take more than one type of card with you when traveling so that if one is lost or stolen, you will still have the other card to use. Report lost or stolen cards immediately.